Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Future Physical Education
I decided today instead of talking about Slippery Rock and its weather I am going to talk about Physical Education. I think that it is unfortunate that some people think that schools should get rid of phys. ed. Obesity rates are only increasing and if we are doing our job like we are supposed to physical education class should be a big contribution to stopping these rates from getting so high. I know that I am looking forward to teaching health and phys. ed. not only because i am passionate about it but because i want to prove people wrong and prove to them how much phys. ed. is needed and why it is so important. I know that our generation can turn things around and change some of the negative attitude towards phys. ed. We can get kids excited about physical activity and it all starts right here at Slippery Rock and I feel like I have learned a lot and it only makes me more excited for the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is very sad that school districts across the country are cutting back with physical education, especially when p.e. is the answer they are so desperately looking for! Why is it that everyone (outside of p.e.) seems to think that the only hope for improving state standards is more class time in that one class? It has been proven through studies that exercise improves cognitive learning. I agree with you 100% that we are that we are going to change the thinking of this generation. Slippery Rock has been good to me too!
ReplyDelete